Wednesday, August 6, 2008

out of touch


I've been out of touch with pretty much everybody due to everyday being a 16+ hour workday.

No end in sight.

WHEN LIFE WAS GOOD is going to premiere at TIFF in Sept, and we've been invited to another film festival (details coming very soon, and we're really excited).

Still waiting on a few things for WHEN LIFE WAS GOOD, final 35mm film out, etc...

THE RED ROOSTER.

I'm working on a temp version to try and make a certain August deadline, but we'll see...It's rough, but it's THE RED ROOSTER!

Working in reels instead of scenes or the full film is very cool, and new. It makes the chunks big, yet manageable (and it makes 35mm film out a breeze which is our goal).

I think, for temp sound, go big. Not Rolling Stones big, but Lambchop big. Why not? Unless the characters are singing along with the picture on screen, you can always find something that works if you need to replace anything, if you're creative and good at your job.

I need a poster, a press kit, an EPK, a publicist, a producer's rep, and it all needs to be in place and set up by August 8th.

Sure.

Back to work.

1 comment:

Issa said...

All the luck! The synopsys of WLWG sounds good. Me myself am a film maker, but in a country a little bit to the south (southern, southern), and preparing my third movie. So I know... I know. Faith!